Administrative Accounting Assistant
Braintree, MA | Accounting Clerk
Administrative Assistant with an interest or experience in Accounting needed for local food distribution company.
Role supports the Accounting Manager so someone with an interest in Accounting (or at least not afraid of numbers) is necessary.
Small, laid back, mellow environment of about 15 employees. Candidate must be easy going, open to learning and helping out where needed.
Ideal candidate is moldable, possibly a recent college grad looking to get into the accounting field but very open to a junior-level accounting background as well. They are a growing company so there is room to grow.
- Reception: answering incoming calls, greeting visitors
- Handling mail, FedEx packages, ordering office and kitchen supplies, filing, scanning
- Assist A/R Supervisor in daily cash postings, researching deductions/short pays, communicating with customers on late payment inquiries, act as A/R backup as needed
- Monitor invoice processing to ensure accuracy and timely delivery to customers
- Process all sample requests and coordinate with various plants to ensure orders are placed properly
- Point of contact for contract administration including maintaining a log of all new contracts and changes, initiating action based on triggers, tracking and scanning files
- Act as a backup for the A/P weekly check run and invoice entry into the A/P system
- Has a degree in Accounting/Finance or Business Administration (if not, has an interest in Business and comfortable working with numbers)
- MS Office proficient, especially EXCEL
- Has had exposure to an ERP system (they use Just Foods, a MS Office Dynamics platform)