Benefits Project Coordinator
Braintree, MA | Financial Analyst
This position is responsible for overseeing the data review process and overall administration of the 2018 Pension Plan annuity purchase and lump sum offers. The position will also be responsible for leading the retiree services outsourcing project. Finally, the position will also focus on termination of the legacy 403(b) Plan once the aforementioned projects are at or near completion. Other projects for other benefit plans may also be assigned depending on workload.
- Become proficient in legacy defined benefit pension plan database, comparing data therein with two or more other databases/sources.
- Oversee pension plan lump sum offer process, coordinating data review, printing and mailing and creation of final lump sum payments.
- Oversee data review and transmission of same as part of annuity purchase process.
- Oversee parish contribution review project, working with outside pension plan actuary firm
- Continue RFP process started in 2017 for retiree services outsourced vendor, with services ranging from check printing to full outsourcing. Manage implementation, including transition away from current vendor.
- Determine sources of information for 403(b) Plan and create project plan for termination, then execute on termination, including working with legal counsel on required notices, handling all required communications, and related tasks.
- Interact in positive and professional manner with staff and visitors at the corp HQ.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 5+ years of defined benefit plan administration experience preferred.
- 5+ years of accounting or benefits administration experience required.
- Strong Excel skills required.
- Ability to prioritize, work efficiently, complete tasks within deadlines, and transition from task to task with little immediate supervision.
- Ability to be creative, innovative, work independently and troubleshoot issues with undefined solutions.
- Experience in handling and producing confidential information.
- Ability to communicate effectively through e-mail and/or telephone.
- Desire to advance the mission of the organization.
- Strong service orientation.
- Ability to use a computer keyboard for up to 8 hours/day.
- Ability to sit for up to 8 hours/day.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds.