Plymouth, MA | Bookkeeper
Under the supervision of the CFO, this position will assist in the administration of the organization’s financial operations through the preparation and review of financial operation reports and budgets. The bookkeeper is responsible for computing, classifying and recording financial transactions to ensure the financial records of the organization are accurate. The bookkeeper also performs routine financial calculations and general ledger duties. The bookkeeper may also check the accuracy of calculations performed by other employees.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintains systems for financial transactions by following established chart of accounts and bookkeeping policies and procedures.
- Maintains subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
- Balances subsidiary accounts by reconciling entries.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary account summaries.
- Balances general ledger by preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries. 6. Maintains fixed asset files and reconciles accruals and trial balance for corresponding assets.
- Maintains historical records by filing documents.
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Perform various administrative and accounting tasks as required.
- Strong knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Ability to problem solve and analyze data.
- Ability to meet multiple deadline and manage time effectively.
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Ability to take direction and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Written and Verbal Communication Proficiency.
- Technical Capacity.
- Teamwork Oriented.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.