Hingham, MA | Event Assistant
Tech-savvy Administrative Assistant with stellar Excel skills needed ASAP to support recent incoming projects. Will be working on the back-end supporting closing-out efforts of event programs. Will be doing a lot of financial calculations (no accounting, more so expenses, receipts, etc.) after events.
There is a very strong customer service/vendor relations aspect to this position. The successful candidate must be confident and comfortable on the phones calling vendors and pressing for necessary information. Must also have impeccable attention to detail and strong technical/Excel skills.
- source venues for Speaker Bureaus
- Coordinate logistics of Speaker Bureaus with venues including: room requirements, spend per person requirements, AV needs
- Manage venue contracts
- Create and send invitations
- Tracks RSVPs and communicate with venues
- Track cost post-program and report into proper trackers
Ideal candidate would have familiarity with the following but it's not required:
- Travel and hotel coordination
- Venue sourcing and booking
- AV coordination
- Budget reconciliations and budget management
- Contract negotiations
Very fast-paced environment with little training. Must be comfortable jumping in and changing directions quickly as needed/dictated by clients.
Experience or exposure to salesforce.com preferred but MUST HAVE STRONG EXCEL SKILLS and be TECH SAVVY!