Field Service Engineer
Randolph, MA | Engineer
This role is responsible for electro/mechanical assembly, documentation, and software installation and operation, the Field Service Engineer will be the face of the company for all interactions involving testing, customer training and field testing of systems. This person will also be the first order point of contact for handling customer requests for assistance and support of installed systems. Must be willing and able to travel within the New England area (travel expectations are 25% field, 75% office)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Interpret CAD drawings.
- Install tooling/change parts then run and debug packaging machines prior to customer release
- Suggest fixes if needed (work with engineering)
- Assemble mechanical and electrical components and machinery.
- Run wires on new assembled systems.
- Quality control testing on machinery. Adjustments as required
- Manage inbound/outbound materials and paperwork.
- Inventory management and supplies maintenance (spare parts recommendations)
- On-site installation of equipment at customer facilities (if required).
- Review customer manuals and do customer training on machines
- Review preventative maintenance schedule
- Interact and serve as liaison with customers
- Associates Degree in a technical field, or equivalent work experience
- Exceptional hands on skills, especially working with hand tools.
- Ideally some experience with electro –mechanical assemblies and wiring
- Experience with computers and Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience with assembly and wiring for industrial equipment.
- Software installation experience
- Basic understanding of PLC’s and ladder logic.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL:
- Have strong customer facing and communication skills
- Be creative and have strong problem solving skills
- Be self-motivated with drive, enthusiasm and commitment.
- Be a quick study on new technology and concepts
- Be comfortable working with a small team in a high energy environment
- Enjoy having a direct impact on success of entire organization