Budget Accounting Manager/Accounting Manager
Braintree, MA 02184 | Accounting Manager
The Non Profit Budget & Accounting Manager is responsible for the preparation of the Non-profit budget, resource allocation therein and participation in the related planning to ensure fiscal stability. Also responsible for the financial reporting for Central divisions, which includes a multitude of accounting activities including oversight of all general ledger activity for the fund and year end audit preparation.
- Determine the allocation of resources during the annual budget process.
- Collaborate with Cabinet Secretaries and Agency/Department Heads to ensure that revenues and expenses are managed in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Strategic planning and budgeting
- Meet quarterly or as needed with Cabinet Secretaries and Agency Directors to discuss budget performance versus plan and recommend actions as needed.
- Develop and maintain budget policies and procedures.
- Ensure adherence to monthly reporting and operational closing schedules for Central divisions. Monitor compliance of reporting deliverables for all direct reports.
- Maintain compliance with GAAP for Central Divisions and the associated accounts, including adherence to all required policies and procedures.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure
- Prepare and present timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and year end Central Organization financial results to management
- Work with direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advise to progress to enhance professional development.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 5 - 7 years of progressive accounting, budget, planning and financial management experience at individual and supervisory levels
- Must be able to rapidly develop an in-depth knowledge with the administration, management and application of budget policies and procedures and strategic planning initiatives.
- Must have strong service orientation that supports the Organizations goals