Norton, MA 02766
Work as a member of the Process Engineering Team
Lead major projects involving all aspects of Production including process evaluation, trouble shooting, reacting to quality problems, monitoring process performance, and implementing process improvements.
Support process engineering activities to characterize, stabilize and improve processes, yields and efficiencies including implementation of new manufacturing processes and/or equipment.
Requires good written and oral communication skills; high work standards and attention to detail. Will work both independently and on teams.
May supervise or coordinate activities of engineering technicians.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work safely and follow all established health, safety, and environmental policies, practices, and procedures including use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Follow company Technologies Policies and Procedures. Work within and understand ISO9000 requirements in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Work with Customers and Suppliers to address technical issues.
- Prepare written reports for internal and external communication.
- Responsible for routine defined deliverables: daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annually
EDUCATION AND JOB KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering
- Metallurgical/Material Science/Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- With 5-7 years manufacturing experience
- or lesser degree with 10+ years relevant experience
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Working knowledge of Statistical Process Control methods and analysis.
- Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing methods and analysis.
- Working knowledge of Minitab Statistical software much preferred.
- Working knowledge of SolidWorks Modeling software much preferred.
- Specific experience in the following much preferred:
- Machining and Metal Finishing operations
- Metal Matrix Composites
- Melting and Casting of aluminum alloys
- Furnace brazing materials, equipment and processes including controlled atmospheres
- Mechanical design of fixtures, molds, components, and custom equipment
- Work with suppliers of equipment, components, machining/plating/heat treating services.
Must be able to lift and carry up to 40-50 lbs.
Work safely with hand tools and simple power tools.
Work safely in areas requiring personal protective gear including high noise levels, high temperatures, hazardous chemicals, and rotating machinery.
Job may be performed from a sitting or standing position and may at times require employee to perform a wide range of physical activities ranging from bending but not limited to crouching and kneeling.
Position may involve some travel, typically once per month or less.
The ability to communicate verbally and in written English is required.