Canton, MA 02021
The primary responsibility will be to administer and maintain the accounts payable function in an efficient and effective manner. If deficiencies are found in the company’s operations, this person will make recommendations to Accounts Payable management. This position will be involved in vendor contacts during the course of his/her work and will maintain appropriate relationships within the company’s policies and objectives and recognize that the Purchasing team has the prime responsibility for vendor relationships.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Process invoices for payment, ensures coded to the proper accounts.
• Match all invoices to purchase orders to verify receipt of goods and correct price.
• Assist in year-end 1099 reporting.
• Reconcile monthly vendor statements in a timely manner
• Investigate and resolve vendor disputes relating to shortages, pricing and returns to vendor.
• Handle all inquiries from internal customers and external vendors.
• Review weekly check runs.
• Participate in months end closing activity
• Provide input, support and research for AP related projects.
• Complete and maintain associated records, documents, logs, and procedures manual for this position.
• Maintain a neat an orderly desk and files to enable quick access of records.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Proficient on PC to be able to run reports, internet search and basic Microsoft applications, especially with Excel.
• Must have knowledge of EDI invoice processing
• Able to work harmoniously with co-workers in all departments.
• Strong organization skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Excellent time-management skills, a “can-do” attitude
• Strong communication and customer service skills via email and phone
• Must possess the capacity to function effectively in a demanding and time sensitive environment
• Excellent oral communication, problem solving skills and a creative thinker with focus on process
Education and Experience
• 3+ years accounts payable experience, preferably in a multi-location, distribution environment
• Knowledge in Accounting ERP software, preferably Eclipse
• Solid understanding of accounts payable processes
• Good aptitude with figures (general ledger, expenses, etc.)
• Able to operate 10-key calculator and type quickly
• Able to sit for long periods of time
• Able to work on PC screens for data analysis for long periods of time
• Able to walk, bend, stand
• Professional appearance