Accounts Payable Specialist
Brockton, MA 02301
Temporary Opportunity - Brockton Ma
Accounts Payable Specialist
Approx. 6 month temporary role for our non-profit client in Brockton
This role is the point of contact on the Accounts Payable team and will be working closely with the part time Accounts Payable Assistant, the Finance team and other staff in the agency to ensure accurate and timely processing of vendor payments.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting preferred; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to work proficiently with Microsoft Excel, using formulas, filters, pivot tables and all other advanced Excel features.
Attention to detail required and ability to analyze account activity, experience with accounting software, preferably MIP/Abila.
- Process approximately 500 invoices and approximately 500 rent checks per month.
- Review of payment requests from other departments to ensure accuracy and appropriate support
- Code invoices to the appropriate programs in the general ledger
- Follow up with managers for necessary approvals
- Process weekly check runs and EFT payments
- Receive and address vendor inquiries and following up with vendors on previous balances
- Process W-9’s and TIN matching
- Process 1099's, 1096's
- File, photocopy, and scan
- Vehicle registration management
- Update insurance listing for current properties
- Assisting with purchasing
- Mobile device coordination (smart phone & cell phone)
Skills & Competencies:
- Professionalism: Maintains the highest level of professionalism in the delivery of services, building of relationships, collaboration with co-workers.
- Communication: Speaks appropriately in positive and/or negative conversations with supervisors, co-workers, volunteers, donors and constituents.
- Record-Keeping: Routine clerical or record-keeping incidental to the essential responsibilities of the job (including, but not limited to, data entry and case file updates).
- Job Knowledge: Possesses the practical and technical knowledge required on the job.
- Attendance: Acceptable overall attendance record, consistently at work and on time.
- Reliability: Relied upon regarding task completion and follow-up. Follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Initiative: Seeks out new assignments and is willing to be flexible with additional duties.
- Adherence to Policy: Follows safety and workplace expectations, regulations and processes as defined in the Employee Handbook.
- Work Ethic: Demonstrates a commitment to the company mission
- Safety & Security: Actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Travel: Local travel may be required. Valid driver’s license and good driving record required.
- Physical Demands: The demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.