Braintree, MA 02184
The Benefits Coordinator is responsible for responding to requests for assistance from employees and location administrators regarding all benefit plans, with a specific focus on the medical and dental plans; for assisting with online enrollment data entry and review; filing, scanning and other administrative duties within the Benefits Office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answer and resolve questions from inbound calls and emails from employees and location administrators regarding medical and dental coverage issues; coordinate with vendors on issues as needed to resolve initial requests for assistance.
- Handle retiree data administration, phone calls, etc.
- Assist with wellness vendor/HRA account reports and administration.
- File records in various files for active employees, retirees, etc.
- Complete weekly, monthly, etc. mailings as needed, including required new hire, termination and annual notice mailings.
- Assist with data entry and data scrubs.
- Assist with preparation for Trustee meetings as needed.
- Receive and process personal health information in compliance with HIPAA.
- Maintain contact lists for all locations.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or related field preferred.
- Prior experience in a Human Resources and/or Benefits office preferred.
- HIPAA compliance training preferred.
- Strong Microsoft skills, particularity in Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of IOI Payroll, Benefit Allocation Systems, State Street and/or hrMecca a plus.
- Ability to prioritize, work efficiently, complete tasks within deadlines, and transition from task to task and maintain focus.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience in handling and producing confidential information.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively through e-mail and/or telephone.
- Willingness to support the mission of the organization.
PHYSICAL PERFORMANCE ELEMENTS:
- Ability to use a computer keyboard for up to 8 hours/day.
- Ability to sit for up to 8 hours/day.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
Ability to effectively communicate by phone on a regular basis.
Salary $40K+ dependent on experience