North Easton, MA 02356
Affirmative Action Plan consulting firm looking to replace current Business Manager who'll be retiring in November. There's a large learning curve and candidate must be professional, well spoken, organized and comfortable working in a small office environment.
*Position will start between 20-30 hours. Training will be 3-4 days/week and eventually work up to 5 days.
*Hours M-F: 10:00am-3:00pm or 4:00pm
*When perm, person will be alone in the office Mondays and Fridays
Position supports the overall operations of the company including direct support to President and Owner/Founder with the following:
Bookkeeping and Payroll
- Working with Business Coordinator, receive and analyze Consultant’s monthly timesheets for accuracy regarding hours, data, etc. – extreme attention to detail required
- Submit payroll information to payroll services company (Paychex)
- Update employee information with payroll services company as needed
- Client invoicing via QuickBooks once a month
- Receive client payments, enter into QuickBooks; make bank deposits
- Reconcile bank statements
- Accounts Payable
- Employee Expenses (paid monthly)
- Will work with outside CPA for EOY reporting, tax prep, 1099s and provide other necessary information on QuickBooks data as requested
- Directly supports President and Owner, acts as “right hand person” to President
- Working with President, prepares and transmits Proposals and quotes to new potential/current clients. Tracks all communication in Excel spreadsheet.
- Acts as the Administrator for IT/email issues (Cloud server, passwords, etc.), and for payroll services company
- Provides support to outside Consultants (reports, data, contact information, etc.)
- Order office supplies as needed
- Event planning: creating and mailing invites, sending reminders to attendees, finding venues, tracking guest lists, travel arrangements, etc.
- Special projects may include (but not limited to):
- Mailings to alert clients of new issues pertaining to their AAP
- Assist Consultants with client AAP audits
- Work with website development vendor on Website Integration, including Customer Relationship Management to improve business relationships, retain clients and stay connected with potential clients using software such as: Salesforce, Pipedrive or ACT! to store prospect and customer information, make calls, send e-mails, add notes and organize and track progress.
temp-to-hire: $25+, DOE
- 5+ years bookkeeping or office manager experience
- Extremely strong attention to detail
- High comfort level working with numbers and analyzing complicated data
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office especially Excel and Outlook
- Proficiency with QuickBooks
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral; ability to compose letters in proper format
- Familiarity with Windows 7
- Friendly, professional and responsive
- Human Resources exposure (Affirmative Action Plan familiarity a plus)
- Corporate background with comfort working in a small office environment