| || |
*Candidates must have BOTH cash handling and administrative experience*
This role will be on-site at the RMV headquarters in Quincy and will work directly with the public regarding titles/registrations but not in the actual RMV.
Position: Sr. Customer Service with the DOT at the Quincy RMV
Address for Job Location: 25 Newport Ave. Ext Quincy, MA 02171
Start Date: 05-20-19 pending interviews and background check (criminal record check, driving record check, and fingerprinting)
Tentative End Date: 08-23-19 with a strong possibility to be extended
Hours: Monday-Friday 8am to 5pm for a total of 37.5 hours per week
Pay Rate: $18.90 per hour
- Temp Customer Service Representative I - Title and Registration
- Floater across business units in the Title Division and Registration Department
- Complete registration and title transactions for a variety of vehicle types
- Complete new registration and title transactions, renewals, amendments, duplicates, cancellations, etc.
- Assess that customers have the correct forms/applications, supporting documents and acceptable payment
- Determine and collect fees for title, registration, and sales tax
- Interact with customers by mail, email, fax, phone, and in-person; Provide coverage for the service counter as needed
- Utilize the RMV mainframe, ALARS, to create, retrieve, review, or amend vehicle information
- Collects fees for transactions and performs credit card transactions; Reconciles payments in ATLAS
- Conducts research for additional information from third parties (other state agencies, other states, etc.) to complete transactions
- Returns improper or incomplete forms or documents to the applicant explaining reasons for rejection and steps and/or documentation necessary to complete the transaction(s)
- Assists customers with problem resolution
- Batches and files all processed work by category, julian date, terminal number, and other characteristics on the same day the transaction(s) was processed.
- Responsible for retaining, either by memory or use of agency resources, information pertaining to the law, rules and regulations, policies, procedures and agency functions.
- Develop a thorough knowledge and use of the RMV ALARS database screens and their functions and ATLAS revenue screens and functions
- Escalate issues as needed to supervisor and/or managers
- Ensure appropriate confidentiality and security of information