Investment Accountant/Fund Accountant
Braintree, MA 02184
Non Profit Organization Seeks Investment Accountant
SUMMARY: The Investment Accountant is responsible for performing the operational and accounting activities for pooled investment programs utilized by the branches and related businesses entities of the Company. This role will require the ability to work in a team environment with other associates responsible for the daily financial processes related to those entities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Experience in financial services required, background in mutual fund accounting strongly desired.
- Solid understanding of custodial banking, unitization of funds, cash settlement and other operational activities relating to investment accounting.
- Reconcile custodial data to investment manager reporting.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations and analyses of all accounts, supporting work papers and monthly financial and management reports for all funds.
- Deliver accurate account statements to program participants on a monthly basis.
- Process all purchase and redemption activity in an accurate and timely manner.
- Full cycle GL close for assigned entities.
- Provide excellent customer service to business entities.
- Assist with the implementation of new policies and procedures. Assist with special projects as assigned.Interact in positive and professional manner with staff and visitors at the Company.
- Bachelors of Business Administration and/or Accounting.
- Minimum of 2-5 years relevant experience.
- Exhibited experience in accounting, and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with external service providers through e-mail and/or telephone.
- High level of proficiency of Microsoft Office, particularly Microsoft Excel.
- Strong service orientation.
- Willingness to support the service oriented mission of the Organization