Payroll/Benefits System Specialist
Braintree, MA 02184
JOB TITLE: Payroll Operations/Benefits Systems Specialist
SUMMARY: This position serves as the primary liaison between payroll system/vendor, remote offices, and other entities utilizing the payroll platform, and the Corporate HQ departments that rely on payroll data, including Benefits, Finance, HR and Parish Finance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Serve as primary contact and resource for payroll processing and data population questions and concerns.
• Maintain data integrity through initial audits, coordinating with Benefits Manager on audit fallout issues
• Serve as primary contact and resource for payroll system with regard to location administrator questions and concerns.
• Support Benefits Department with system upgrades and data exchange automation to send information to the benefits system (or other applicable online enrollment vendor) and other databases as needed.
• Support other internal departments as needed with payroll and G/L data exchange, including INTACCT implementation, payroll system upgrades, auditing of payroll system data for tax set-up/other legal issues and compliance with company standards, calendar- and fiscal year-end education, reporting and other needs.
• Provide ongoing training and education on payroll system for location administrators.
• Research tax questions as they arise, coordinating with Finance Departments.
• Serve as backup for local payroll processing.
• Provide reports to other Departments as needed.
• Coordinate addition and termination of location administrator access with both the payroll and the benefits system(s).
• Work with Benefits Consultant on payroll system issues relating to 401k Plan; handle data entry into payroll system as needed.
• Supervise Payroll to Benefits (or other applicable enrollment vendor) data transfers and troubleshoot as needed.
• Interact in positive and professional manner with colleagues.
• Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of web-based payroll experience in a multi-location employer environment, preferably in a leadership or strategic role, plus experience in employee benefits administration.
• Experience with payroll systems administration (IOIPay preferred).
• Knowledge of Federal and State payroll tax regulations.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office. Experience with Excel pivot tables, VLookups required.
• Strong organization and communication skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively through e-mail and/or telephone.
• Willingness to support the mission of the organization.
Salary $60K + with strong benefits package