Canton, MA 02021 | Engineer
This position is responsible for performing companywide integrated project scheduling functions for the successful implementation of projects within a medium size engineering / manufacturing company. In this capacity the individual must understand the basic operational structure of a manufacturing company and maintain a detailed overall company schedule on several ongoing / long duration projects.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with Operation Manager and Project Managers to establish and maintain project schedule baseline and updates.
- Analyzes and interprets data submitted by Project Managers to formulate critical path plan and schedules using MS Project 2013 or higher scheduling tool.
- Monitors critical path and prepares schedule analysis to identify impact of progress and / or scope change on previously scheduled target dates. Recommend corrective action to Project Manager as required.
- Understands how to apply a standard project’s work breakdown structure and schedule template to a wide variety of projects.
- Incorporate engineering inputs and progress to the schedule. Provide schedule input for routine Project Status Reports used to calculate and analyze performance and report results.
- Identify and propose process improvements to optimize work flow and assure on time completion
- Professionally communicate with management orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of MS Project 2013 project scheduling tool.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Project Management practices.
- Knowledge of Project Engineering practices and processes is desirable but not necessary.
- Knowledge of a typical manufacturing company operations is desirable but not necessary.
- Skills/Abilities: Expertise with Project Scheduling Software MS Project 2013 or higher is a minimum requirement.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office applications
- Demonstrated ability to detect, analyze, and investigate project schedule anomalies.
- Demonstrated ability to provide appropriate corrective actions for project scheduling issues.
- Education/Experience: Bachelors / Associates degree desired but not required. 3- 5 Years Direct Use of MS Project required.