RMV Customer Service Rep
Taunton, MA 02780 | Customer Service
Floating Customer Service/Teller
Scheduled start: – pending interviews, and extensive background check (CORI, driving record check, fingerprinting)
Openings in Taunton, Braintree and Plymouth.
Interested candidates must be able to commit for at least 9 months, with a possibility of extension. This is a possible temp-perm opportunity for proven candidates.
Hours are 9:00am to 5:00pm M-F, for a total of 37.5 hours per week.
Pay is $18.90/hourly
Successful passing of CORI, clean driving record, fingerprinting required.
Strong customer service background is required.
• Interact with customers to respond to inquiries and complaints.
• Issue licenses, identification cards and motor vehicle registrations.
• Communicate with internal and external contacts through a variety of means such as telephone, mail, e-mail, fax or in-person.
• Use computer terminals, vision instruments, automatic testing devices and other equipment.
• Administer vision tests in accordance with agency policy.
• Operate computer equipment to create, retrieve, review, change or update driver/vehicle/business information
• Review reports for compliance with state and federal guidelines.
• Collects fees (cash and checks) and performs credit card transactions.
• Reconcile receipts with revenue control documents.
• Operate computer terminals and photo imaging software.
• Schedule road examinations.
• Prepare forms and other documents related to licenses, registrations, identification cards and receipts for titles.
• Amend title and registration records.
• Maintain filing systems.
• Review customer documents in support of transactions for accuracy and veracity.
• Conduct research for additional information from third parties (other states, state agencies, etc.) to complete transactions.
• Assist customers with problem resolution.
• Provide information to the public regarding guidelines, requirements and procedures in-person and on the phone.
• Greet customers, determines customer's purpose, assesses readiness, and directs them to the appropriate line.
• Direct customers to Kiosks and other automated services where appropriate.
•Assess that customers have the correct forms/applications, supporting documents, and acceptable payment.
• Return improper or incomplete forms or documents to the applicant explaining reasons for rejection and steps necessary to complete forms/applications.
• Provide checklists and assistance in completing forms/applications.
• Provide information to the public regarding guidelines, requirements and procedures in-person.